Join the Hanover Conservancy!
For over half a century, our members have eagerly supported our land conservation and education work to protect well-loved lands and waters close to home. A private, non-profit organization, we receive no taxpayer support from the Town of Hanover. Your gift is tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
GIVE - Your membership gift…
- supports conservation close to home
- helps care for the forests, waters, fields, and trails at our nature preserves
- promotes environmentally appropriate public policies
- brings experts, films, and speakers who illuminate conservation issues
- helps people discover the natural side of Hanover and hone a conservation ethic through our far-reaching, free outdoor education program
RECEIVE - Hanover Conservancy members…
- receive notice of upcoming trips and special events
- are invited to members-only trips
- vote at our annual meeting
- receive our e-newsletter
Make a gift of $35 or more to become a member:
1. Click on the Donate button below to use your credit card on PayPal’s secure website:
2. Print and complete a membership form and send with your check to:
Hanover Conservancy, 16 Buck Road, Hanover, NH 03755
Special Gift Opportunity
When Congress approved the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 to steer the country away from the “fiscal cliff,” it included a two-year retroactive extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover provision that lapsed on December 31, 2011. This is great news for donors with IRAs.
The new law specifies that any portion of a distribution from an IRA to a taxpayer made after November 30, 2012 and before January 1, 2013 may be treated as a qualified charitable distribution for purposes of the IRA Charitable Rollover. If a donor directed money to his/her checking account from a December 2012 IRA distribution, the donor may write a check from that account to a charity for the same amount (or less) and the donated dollars would be treated, for tax purposes, as if they had gone directly from the donor’s IRA to charity. The IRA Charitable Rollover has been reinstated for the entire year and is set to expire on December 31, 2013.