Join the Trust for Public Land, Town of Hanover, Hanover Conservancy, and Northern Forest Center to celebrate the long-awaited permanent conservation of these beautiful 250 acres on Greensboro Road. Park at the newly constructed parking area on the north side of Greensboro Road between #108 and #110. Feel free to carpool, walk, or ride your bike to the event. You may choose to park at Farr Field, near the junction of Etna, Greensboro, and Great Hollow Road, and walk to the event. If you need assistance with parking, please contact Sarah Erb.
Our celebration will be held under the tent in the meadow across the way. Rain or shine!
3:00-4:15pm – speaking program and light refreshments
- Shelby Semmes, Trust for Public Land NH/VT State Director
- JT Horn, Trust for Public Land
- Peter Christie, Town of Hanover Select Board Chair
- Adair Mulligan, Hanover Conservancy Executive Director
- Julie Evans, Northern Forest Center
- Neal Bungard, US Forest Service Community Forest Program
- Paula Bellemore, LCHIP Deputy Director
- Communications from the Congressional Delegation
- Presentation of plaques
4:15-5:00pm – walks of the property guided by Hanover Conservation Commission members: Hugh Mellert will lead an easy walk over a mowed path around the field loop on the south parcel. Whit Spaulding will lead a more challenging hike on the north parcel to the fen via a rough trail with some bushwhacking.
Watch this space for updates and in case of rain for alternate location information.