What’s afoot at Pine Park? Explore Hanover’s oldest conservation area with members of the Pine Park Association and the experts helping to guide its future. Snowshoes or micro-spikes, depending on conditions; gear available to borrow.
Meet: Parking area at golf course off Rope Ferry Road (Near the Hanover Country Club)
Leaders: Forester Jeffery Smith, Linda Fowler, Myrilla Hartkopf
Registration for this hike is encouraged: register here!
All Events are free and open to the public. No dogs, please!
We’re disappointed to postpone our trips until we can safely get together again. Look for a new self-guided Hike of the Month in our May e-news.
If you’re headed out, please remember:
- Enjoy your companions from a distance
- Leash your dog – uncontrolled dog meetups can make things unsafe for their owners too
- If a trailhead parking is full when you arrive, have a Plan B for a trail less traveled
- Leave higher elevation and muddy trails until they’ve dried out
- The Appalachian Trail is closed for now
Hikers and hunters, please note that the woods will be busier than normal this Sunday, October 14th.
Both the 5- and 7-mile hiking routes for the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD) HERO event wind their way through the Mink Brook Nature Preserve. Volunteers will be directing HERO hikers at major junctions from approximately 10-2.